I am looking for personal care for a Child
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Minimum of every other Sunday 6-7 hours, Every other Thursday after school, ideally from 3.30 for 3-4 hours
Hourly pay rate:
I am looking for a proactive, fun-loving PA to support my 14 year old daughter. She enjoys magazines, watching films and using her iPad.
She has Downs Syndrome and is Autistic, is non-verbal and uses Makaton. The role will involve personal care, support with mealtimes and to go out and about on social activities. The ideal candidate will have a good sense of humour, ideally with a car and full driving licence, both for the role and to get to work as we live in Henfield. In return we offer a fun working environment and a rewarding role for the right person.
- Helping with laundry, washing and drying (very rare)
- Changing employer's bed linen (very rare)
- Employer needs total care.
- Washing and bathing/showering – towelling dry/ drying hair
- Changing pads (nappies).
- Supervision and/or assistance with showering, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
- Using the toilet
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
- Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying on trips out to see family.
- Taking employer to Cinema/Bowling/swimming
- Accompanying on trips out eg to the garden centre, beach, cinema, craft fairs, local visits, out shopping for fun
- The above duties will involve driving the employer in the PA’s car. Or with employer's parents in employer's Motability vehicle, pushing/operating the employer’s wheelchair when out.
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and assisting with craft activities
- Lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s manual wheelchair when out.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9