Female Support Worker/Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Up to 46 hours per week, flexible to suit both parties
Hourly pay rate:
We are looking to recruit a number of Female Support Workers/Personal Care Assistants to be part of a team to support our disabled daughter to lead as independent a life as she possibly can.
She is 24 years old and has Cerebral Palsy. She enjoys swimming, going to the gym. Ability to swim required to assist in pool.
We are seeking caring and compassionate individuals who enjoy interacting with disabled people and assisting them with their daily living activities.
Duties will include supporting with personal care, domestic tasks and to include social tasks and everyday activities in and outside of the home.
Candidates must be warm and friendly with a strong work ethic and positive attitude and a genuine passion for providing high quality care and support You must have the ability to read and speak English to a reasonable standard. Excellent communication and people skills required.
You must be willing/able to drive motability car and over 25 years of age for insurance purposes.
- Shopping and paying bills
- Vehicle maintenance, petrol add blue etc
- Getting in/out of bed
- Safe transferring and movement using the necessary equipment provided
- Getting to and from medical appointments. You would be required to drive motability vehicle
- Driving client to work, to learn or training for work
- Driving client to support or focus groups
- Driving client to take part in leisure activities
- Assistance with physio and physical activities and exercise e.g. swimming, gym classes
- Assistance with socializing/meeting others
- Contacting and meeting with friends or family
- Encouraging and assisting with the use of communication aids
- A UK driving license holder and willing/able to drive motability car
- Over 25 years of age for car insurance purposes
- Able to swim to assist client in swimming pool
- Able to learn the needs of a disabled person
- Hygienic and well presented
- Able to follow instructions and work on their own initiative
- Encouraging and patient
- Good communication and listening skills
- Able to be flexible
Desirable, but not essential:-
- Have previous experience of providing personal care
- Experience of working with people with Cerebral Palsy
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9