Female personal assistant
Location: East Grinstead
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
20 hours a week minimum, additional hours may be available depending on circumstances that week. Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am – 4.30pm, Overnight Monday and/or Friday 8pm – 8am job share possible if the minimum hours aren’t filled. so please apply if you can do any of the above days and shifts.
Hourly pay rate:
£13 per hour
I am looking for a personal assistant to help me live independently, help with personal care, and social activities. I use a hoist for transferring for which training will be given. Epilepsy training and available if required.
I am a chilled out young woman, with Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, and a range of other health problems. I live in East Grinstead with my parents who support me.
I am non-verbal and would really love someone who loves to communicate and is as sociable as I am. I’d like someone who would be willing to take me out for activities on the days I’m able to go or spend time with me indoors and listen to music when I’m not.
Because of my epilepsy, I can become unwell during the night, so I’d need someone who is flexible with the hours they can work, so they can start early in the mornings if needed, to help give my mum a break.
Any experience with PEG feeding, using hoists and Epilepsy would be a huge benefit, although training can be provided if you don’t have any.
- Washing and bathing/showering – towelling dry/ drying hair
- Supervision and/or assistance with showering, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
- Help getting into and out of bath/shower as required
- To be on call when employer takes bath
- Assistance with applying cream
- General hair/skin care
- Getting into bed
- Assistance with getting out of bed using a hoist
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
- Peg Feeding
- Accompanying on trips out e.g., to the park, to see family.
- The above duties will involve driving me in my adapted car
- Must have good communication skills
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9