Moving and Handling People (theory and practical)
On 30 January @ 11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Once completed, this training should be refreshed annually.
Invest in your professional development and well-being of those you care for. Join our Moving and Handling people training course today and gain the confidence and competence to provide safe and compassionate assistance to those you support.
What will be covered?
- Your roles and responsibilities in regard to moving and handling people.
- The principles of safe moving and handling.
- The consequences of poor moving and handling and examples of moves no longer used.
- In person practise of using safe manoeuvres e.g. the use of a slide sheet and hoist.
- Knowledge of how to take care of your own health & safety when moving someone.
- Knowledge surrounding the importance of risk assessing and agreed ways of working.
Fully funded training
This course is fully funded for personal assistants who are employed by an individual employer receiving a Direct Payment.
If you are interested in attending the course but do not qualify, please email email@example.com for more information.
You must be logged into the website to book places.
30th January 2024
11:30 am - 3:30 pm