I am looking for personal care
The candidate should be
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
6 hours per week. Tuesday afternoon, Thursday evening, Friday morning – 2hr’s each visit. Further discussion/flexibility around the hours with the employer is possible.
Hourly pay rate:
East Grinstead, UK
Wellbeing Support Assistant
This would not only benefit my life but also my physical & mental health/wellbeing. My routine is extremely important to me, and I require someone that can commit to assisting me three days a week at a local leisure centre to help support me. To assist me to become more independent would greatly improve my quality of life, my wellbeing and mental health. I struggle with my confidence, and it may take me a while to build a rapport with you. Ideally someone sharing similar interests and who likes to exercise but also may have an interest in animals, TV programs, and music. I also attend a local college part time. Assistance to improve my ability to interact with others and to allow me to have the freedom to participate in the things I enjoy. This would be a very rewarding role for the right person. Could you be that person?
- Other relevant duties as required
• Support with general life skills
• Support with coping skills to reduce anxiety
• Support with clear communication skills
• Build up a trusting and friendly rapport
• Help improve awareness and safety while out in the community
• Assist to access and partake in exercise
• Encourage and support with using public transport
• To participate in leisure and social activities of choice eg gym, swimming, classes.
• To drive me in your own vehicle is required when public transport is not available. To be happy to drive near and far depending on the activities etc. This will be in exchange for 35p per mile mileage including parking expenses will be reimbursed.
• Other related tasks may be required.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Must be comfortable with pets
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Easy going tolerant personality with good knowledge of local area
Able to build up a good rapport and basis of trust with employer
Positive and patient attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9