I am looking for personal care for a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
15 hours per week – Monday – Friday afternoon term time with more flexibility required during holidays.
Hourly pay rate:
£15 per hour
Amberley, Arundel, UK
Support Worker/ Personal Care Assistant
I live with my husband and children and have a busy family life, so you should be comfortable working within that environment.
I am autistic and have a genetic connective tissue disorder but have always been independent. I am looking for someone to help me get back on my feet after a period of ill health.
I have a good sense of humour and a lively mind, am creative, enjoy cinema and studying.
You must be friendly, enthusiastic and energetic, with some flexibility on hours and a driver with your own car.
Starting rate £15.00 per hour increasing after a successful probationary period.
- Other relevant duties as required
● Accompanying and assisting employer on shopping trips when required
● Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities.
● Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
● Accompanying on trips out e.g. to the library.
● Driving me in your car and accompanying to social events such as cinema, visits to attractions with family.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Kind, caring and willing to take their lead from me as it is important to me to maintain as much independence as possible.
Friendly, enthusiastic and energetic
Ideally have some flexibility around hours in order to fit in with my schedule
Be comfortable around cats
Knowledge of autism/neurodivergence would be advantageous.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9