Support Worker/Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required:
Hours per week:
10 hrs over 2 days - days flexible
Hourly pay rate:
- I am a 66 year old man looking for support
- I have a form of dementia, so experience with impaired memory would be beneficial
- I have a good sense of humour, am very practical, and have a strong sense of independence
- I need reminders/encouragement with personal care activities, support with basic housework/maintenance, meal preparation, accessing social and leisure activities
- I may also require support and accompaniment to medical or other appointments
- You must be friendly, patient, understanding, trustworthy and reliable.
- Driver with own car preferable, but not essential
- Reasonable mileage when supporting me to go out will be reimbursed.
Reminders to maintain personal hygiene if unkempt – e.g. washing / brushing hair, showering, dental hygiene etc.
Help with booking / maintaining haircuts / dental appointments etc
Reminders to do laundry if needed
Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, eg. Men’s Shed
Accompanying employer to doctors/dental appointments when required
Accompanying when clothes-buying
Occasional longer journeys
Accompanying on trips out e.g. to the library, going for coffee/lunch, going for walks
It would be helpful to have own car for above activities
Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and encouraging to take part in other activities – e.g. chess, reading, building / making etc.
Experienced with working with people with impaired memory
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9