Support Worker/ Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
3 half hour shifts per day, times can be flexible. Morning – 30 minutes between 9.30-10.30am. Lunchtime – 30 minutes between 12.30-2.30pm (Wednesdays could be different time). Evening – 30 minutes between 5.00-7.00pm
Hourly pay rate:
£10.00 for half hour shift
Female Support Workers/PAs required to work with 87 year old lady who has mild dementia.
She has reduced eyesight and hearing and needs reminding/prompting with tasks.
She is outgoing, has a quick sense of humour and likes to engage with people.
She has a hair appointment every Wednesday and still has family to visit on occasions.
Duties will include providing support and encouragement to bathe and dress daily in clean clothes, continence management, giving/taking medication, preparing drinks/meals, laundry and domestic tasks/cleaning.
You must be friendly, patient, reliable and punctual with experience of providing care.
This is a rewarding role with training/instruction provided.
You would report to the lady’s granddaughter who is the employer.
Could be a job share between 2-3 people.
Car drivers would be useful but not essential.
- Please note, not all the tasks will be required every day, they will vary.
- Support/prompting to do laundry regularly
- Changing bed linen
- Taking out rubbish
- Support and prompting with washing and bathing
- Help getting in and out of the bath as required
- Managing continence- support/ reminding with changing pads regularly
- Using the toilet
- Help with dispensing tablets and managing medication which is kept in a locked box.
- Patient and understanding
- Honest and trustworthy
- Friendly and approachable
- Experienced in providing support/care
- Driver with own car would be useful but not essential
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9