I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Up to 8 hours per week. 1.00pm-5.00pm or 6.00pm, plus 3-4 hours on a second day. Days/times to be arranged
Hourly pay rate:
£15 per hour
Support Worker required to assist a 78 year old lady who experiences nervous anxiety
She enjoys reading and arts and crafts.
Duties will include cleaning and keeping home tidy, garden maintenance and shopping.
You may also be required on a second day, possibly an evening, to help her access community activities such as going to art classes/clubs.
Driver with their own car essential. Reasonable mileage when taking the client out will be paid.
Experience in supporting people with similar needs would also be useful but not essential. A willingness to be trained is more important.
You must also be friendly, patient, reliable, trustworthy and flexible
You would report directly to the lady’s son who is the employer
- Putting the rubbish out
- Accompanying when accessing social and leisure activities e.g. art classes when required.
- Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
- Driving the client in your car
- Cleaning and tidying the home, decluttering
- Experienced in mental health needs or have a willingness to be trained in this area
- Friendly and approachable
- Driver with own car required
- Patient and understanding
- Honest and trustworthy
Non-smoker due to medical reasons
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9