Social Support/ Social Care Assistant- New hours
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Are you looking for extra hours throughout any of the school holidays? Tuesday 8am - 7pm = 11 hours Wednesday 8am - 7pm = 11 hours Totalling 22 hours a week.
Hourly pay rate:
We are two young fun-loving adults with complex abilities looking to employ new PA's/Carers to join our friendly team and be part of our day to day family life.
To achieve this, we are looking for fun, fit and outgoing people to assist us with our care needs and to help us live life to the full.
We are wheelchair users and require 24 hour support for all our care needs from our family and friendly team of PA's.
Currently we are both in Higher Education and enjoy activities such as going for lunch, attending live football matches (We have season tickets for Brighton and Hove Albion), music concerts (recently saw Rag'n'Bone Man), wildlife parks, the beach etc.
We also enjoy playing video games, old style board games and just going for a drink at the pub.
Outgoing, engaging & supportive and a good sense of humour feature highly in our requirements for new PA's.
Additional hours are available for this post. These would be evenings or weekend day hours and could be discussed at the interview.
This would be a very rewarding role for the right person. Could that person be you?
- To accompany us to and from our Higher Education.
- Accompany us and facilitate us to access activities such as attending live football matches, Rock concerts, wildlife parks, the beach and going for lunch or just to our local pub.
- Joining in with us to play traditional board games and computer games.
- Accompanying us to medical appointments.
- Transferring us to and from wheelchairs and in and out of bed using a hoist.
- Assisting us at meal times with eating and drinking.
- Support with general bedtime routines.
- Assist us with other aspects of personal and physical care as required.
- Sociable and interactive with a good sense of humour
- Show initiative and common sense
- Happy and able to learn the required care routine
- Friendly and reliable
- Cheerful and enthusiastic to learn and interact.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9