Social Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Up to 17 hours per week. Exact times to be discussed and agreed at interview. Ideally, hours will be split into shifts of 4-5 hours. Occasional evening and weekend availability will be required and a degree of flexibility to cover other PA absences and my special occasions/holiday.
Hourly pay rate:
£15.50 standard rate per hour. Bank holiday rate £25 per hour. Sleeping nights (occasional) are paid at a flat rate of £85.
This is a new role amongst an established care team. Your role will be to provide essential support to my current care team and to allow me to have a full and fulfilling social life. Your duties will be the same as the care team, but you will also have some extra tasks that make your role rewarding in terms of assisting me socially.
I am a young physically disabled woman arranging independent living for myself in my own home. Your role will be to help me live independently in my home and community. This is an exciting phase in my life and the person(s) appointed will be essential in helping me to succeed. I am an enthusiastic, fun, positive person with a wide range of interests, including: reading, craft work such as: make accessories, knitting and sewing (and I enjoy learning new craft skills), writing, family history research, music, singing, films, art, baking, fashion, shopping, photography and I enjoy studying. Although my physical needs are very specific and, in some ways, limiting, I am a very independent-minded person.
You will be provided all necessary training to fulfil your role, with the possibility of additional qualifications to enhance your skills further, such as the nationally recognised Care Certificate or QCF Level 2/3 in Health and Social Care.
- Administration within the care team,
- Medication and care equipment checks and ordering
- Assisting with general domestic duties to support me living independently in my own home.
- Helping me to access courses, and things in the community to explore my creativity and interests further. Accessing theatre, art, galleries and museums, and my interest in wellness and fitness. You will also assist me to see my friends and family, access my community and with any social plans. Accompanying me to do the things I love.
- Personal Care, so that you can assist me with my care needs in order to get ready to go out, be out and help me get comfortable when I return home. You will also know the personal care routine to assist the current care team with availability to provide some essential cover, when there are staff shortages, sickness and holiday.
- Respectful of me as an adult woman with autonomy over her own choices and as your employer.
- Honest, positive and cheerful
- Flexible enough to understand that this role may require additional times or change of times (due to events timings)
- Enjoys: arts, theatre, music, comedy, writing and keeping fit
- You will receive the opportunity to gain the nationally recognised Care Certificate, regular support and the possibility of undertaking further accredited training such as QCF Level 2/3 in Health and Social Care
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9