I am looking for personal care for a man
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: No
Hours per week:
12 hours per week.
Hourly pay rate:
£15 per hour
Self Employer Personal Assistant/ Support Worker
I love reading, watching films such as Star Wars, gaming, playing chess and listening to hard rock and heavy metal music and would like a PA who has similar interests to me.
I have been diagnosed with Ataxia which affects my balance, coordination, and fine motor control. Although there are parts of my life I need help, I try to be as independent as possible.
- Dressing / undressing
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Moving and handling
- Other relevant duties as required
Helping with laundry, washing and drying
Loading and unloading the washing machine
Taking out rubbish
Support with buttons and fastenings on clothing
Support to brush hair and put it up
Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
Accompany me when accessing social and leisure activities, including going to the gym, cinema,
Accompanying on trips out to groups, visit friends and family
The above duties will involve driving me in my wheelchair assisted car.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Must be comfortable with pets
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Good sense of humour
As this position involves you driving my car, I am restricted to hiring people who are aged 25 years or over due to insurance rules.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9