Self-Employed Personal Assistants
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
7.5 hours per week, Times flexible and negotiable
Hourly pay rate:
£16 per hour
I am a 59-year-old woman who struggles with my mental health. I am looking for a patient, outgoing, bubbly PA to help me rediscover my cheerful outlook and to help me organize and declutter my home.
I have anxiety and would really like support to get out more, go for walks, visit coffee shops, exercise more and meet people. In the future I would like to find courses or work and would appreciate the support to find these.
Paperwork and accessing IT causes me a lot of stress and anxiety. I would like help to do all these things as well as support with medical appointments. A PA who can troubleshoot and problem solve with me rather than for me is a must.
I will also need someone to drive me in their car.
Experience of working and supporting people with mental health problems would be ideal, but not essential. I am looking for somebody who is understanding, empathetic and supportive, who loves dogs as I have a whippet terrier who is important to me.
Assistance with/working alongside me to:
- Support me to organise and declutter my home
- Laundry: Washing, drying and putting away
- Shopping – Assistance with carrying heavy shopping and putting away
- Support me to plan and prep meals to help with my nutritional intake
- Teaching me how to access and use IT e.g. on my phone, broadband etc.
- Accompany me when accessing social and leisure activities e.g. groups, classes
- Accompanying me to doctors/hospital/psychiatrist or other appointments when required
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. walks, going to the coffee shop
- The above duties will involve driving me and my dog in your car
- Helping me to find courses and work when I am ready, supporting me to find things to do in the local area
- Patient, outgoing and bubbly – someone who doesn’t take me too seriously.
- Must be happy to work in no- smoking environment.
- Must have access to own vehicle, and be happy to have pets travel inside the car
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9