Self-Employed Personal Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Friday to Monday shifts available, not set every weekend.
Hourly pay rate:
£14 an hour day rate, £60 per overnight shift. Petrol and food expenses paid whilst at work
Our daughter, is a lovely happy girl and physically very able. We need PA’s that like to take exercise and that follow a very healthy diet. She suffered some very bad seizures when she was a toddler and these left her with cognitive brain damage. She struggles with her memory and needs to have a very structured calm life with not too much pressure. Her fits can be triggered by a poor diet and being unfit, so it is vital that her lifestyle is healthy. She needs to be kept busy and active throughout the day. She likes going to the gym, swimming, walking, having coffees out and going to the cinema/theatre. She also enjoys clubs locally with her friends. She attends a dance club, a gym club and also some social events locally with her like-minded friends. She needs 24 hour one on one support at all times. She would need a PA with a driving licence and their own car.
She has a lovely 2-bedroom flat in the heart of Chichester with its own parking. We would require the PA to stay overnight sometimes and we pay a night fee for that. You each have your own double room and there is a bathroom to share. You must be able to speak good English and happy to assist with personal care. You will also need to be very reliable and on time and happy to do housework and cooking. We are looking for somebody that is cheerful, well organised, honest, kind and with a healthy lifestyle. Anna’s epilepsy is under control with medication but you would be trained by us to follow some steps if she was to have another seizure. We are looking for help over the weekends and during the week and the holidays. We pay a good hourly rate and would prefer a PA that is self-employed. Please contact me direct if you feel this would be suitable. Immediate start after paid training.
- Laundry: Washing, drying, ironing and putting away
- Changing bed linen/ bed making
- Taking out rubbish
- Minor household maintenance eg changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing
- Supervision and/or assistance with washing and bathing/showering – towelling dry/ drying hair
- Help getting into and out of bath/shower as required
- Assistance with applying cream
- General hair/skin care
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities e.g. (clubs, classes, library, gym etc)
- Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Accompany to therapy appointments or support groups.
- Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. (Cinema, pub, days out)
- Accompanying on social events or meetings e.g. (Visiting family and friends, family occasions)
- The above duties will involve driving the employer in the PA’s car
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and assisting with craft activities
- Must live locally to Chichester
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9