Self-Employed Personal Assistant/ Support Worker
Location: Bognor Regis
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
6 hours per week – Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning, 2 hour shifts twice a week.
Hourly pay rate:
£18.00 per hour plus mileage expenses at 40p per mile (if applicable)
I am a middle-aged women with Autism and anxiety. I am looking for a reliable person to help me gain confidence and get out into the community. I would really like support to enjoy activities such as swimming at the local leisure centre, visiting coffee shops and trips to the beach.
I love being creative through painting and writing and I particularly enjoy attending an art group two times a week. I also have my art displayed in an online gallery.
I really want to be more active and would appreciate some help and support to research local MIND sport activities so that I can be more active and try different sports.
Opening letters, filing, calling people causes me a lot of stress and anxiety. I would like help to do all these things as well as support with medical appointments.
I am quite a quiet person but do enjoy being around people.
A car driver is not essential as I use public transport to get around.
Experience of working and supporting people with mental health problems would be ideal, but not essential. I am looking for somebody who is understanding, empathic and supportive.
The role has limited cleaning/tidying tasks. The PA would only be required to assist with domestic tasks if I am feeling too unwell to do it myself.
- Helping with laundry, washing and drying
- Loading and unloading the washing machine
- Loading and unloading tumble dryer/washing line
- Changing bed linen
- Bed making
- General cleaning
- Taking out rubbish Minor household maintenance eg changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming lessons and walking along the beach.
- Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying on trips out eg to the garden centre, beach, cinema ect
- Patient and calm, able to read people well.
- Effective Communicator
Non-smoker due to medical reasons
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9