Self-Employed Personal Assistant
Location: Bognor Regis
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
6 hours per week, split between 1-2 days.
Hourly pay rate:
£18 + Mileage expenses of 40p per mile
I am a 24-year-old autistic person with ADHD and Mental Health needs. I’m looking for a laid-back, empathetic Personal Assistant. I want support with building independence around household tasks, life skills, and social activities outside the home.
I would like a personal assistant who I can talk to about my interests. I like indie video games, music, fantasy fiction, and watching YouTube and Netflix. I would like someone who has creative interests.
Tasks I want support with include: cleaning, sorting, and organising my space, planning journeys to new places, gardening, body doubling to keep me focused on my creative writing, and meal preparation. I also want to go for walks and have conversations.
I would prefer if you understand Autism and ADHD, and have interacted with Autistic people before. You also need to be respectful and understanding of my experiences with psychosis.
The role requires close personal contact with an individual who is extremely vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission. Preference may be given to applicants who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Careful consideration will be given to applicants who can show the vaccination is not suitable for them on reasonable grounds.
- Support, encourage and prompt me to, instilling confidence to:
- Laundry: Washing, drying, folding and putting away
- Changing bed linen/ bed making
- General cleaning, tidying, and sorting. Including Vacuuming.
- Occasional gardening tasks
- Occasional minor household maintenance e.g. Changing light bulbs
- Preparing and cooking meals, snacks, drinks and finding new recipes
- Occasional form filling and replies to emails if required.
- Planning journeys to new places and doing practice journeys on public transport to help me feel comfortable, so that I can access these on my own.
- Help me find new activities, events in the local area.
- Drive me in your car to activities or events if required.
- Using short clear instructions without being patronising.
- Making recipes more accessible for me by breaking down into steps.
- Helping with me cleaning tasks by showing me the best order to do things.
- Helping me to adapt tasks to make them easier and more accessible for me to complete.
- Explain things in a clear and simple way
- Patient, empathetic, and be a great listener
- At ease with silence as well as conversation
- Able to speak and read English fluently and clearly
- Ability to support with admin tasks
- Ability to take initiative
- Experience with mental health and psychosis is desirable
- Must be comfortable with cats
- Willing to wear a mask with a well-fitted FFP2 or higher in our home
- Happy to take lateral flow tests prior to coming to work
- Registered as self employed
- Successful applicants will required to prove self employed status and undergo self-employment checks
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours, Vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9