I am looking for personal care for a man
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
07:00 to 12:00 five days a week
Hourly pay rate:
Polish Speaking (Essential) Support Worker
I am a 38 year old man who has suffered a traumatic brain injury in a road traffic incident in 2019. I live at home with my partner and two children and at the present time I do not work. I am quite particular about the way things need to be completed and am fastidious about time keeping and cleanliness.
My first language is Polish, and I am unable to speak any English, although I would like to learn. I require an immense amount of encouragement to engage in activities and access the community. I have previously enjoyed attending the gym on a daily basis early in the morning and require support to undertake my fitness regime in this setting. I am currently being supported by an Occupational Therapist who will advise the support worker on various activities and goals that I am working towards. I also have support from both a Clinical Psychologist and a Neuropsychologist.
I am a curious person and I like to know about different people and different cultures. I am interested in being fit and strong. I enjoy puzzles, board games and chess. I am a family man with a strong sense of responsibility to my partner and children. I like to play with my children and taking them to school is an important part of my day.
As my Support Worker you will be required to support me to engage in everyday activities and access my local community. You will be directed by me as to what activities I would like to undertake, however, it is essential that you are dynamic in encouraging me to participate in new activities.
This role requires flexibility, good communication and a good sense of humour. It is essential to both my family and I that all support is provided with excellent continuity of care in order to meet my needs and reduce any undue stress or anxiety. Good timekeeping is essential as I can become agitated when staff arrive late without notice.
In all aspects it is essential that you work with me and my partner to provide support when required and resist the opportunity to take over.
I require support in the morning, five days a week to assist me to attend the gym and engage in other community activities from 07:00 to 12:00.
- Other relevant duties as required
• Assisting with the preparation of meals and drinks
• Build a good relationship and rapport with me
• Engaging me in activities and supporting with accessing the community.
• Promoting good health and safety practices
• Maintain respect for my privacy and dignity
• Maintain confidentiality at all times
• Maintain accurate documentation
• Communicate with colleagues
• Raise and document any concerns
• Attend training and supervision sessions as agreed
• Maintain all mandatory training
• Support me emotional and psychologically
• Ensure that I am stimulated and occupied
• Encourage and facilitate my interests
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
• Good communication skills
• Polish speaker essential
• Enjoy working with younger people
• Patience, sensitivity, tolerance and tact
• Good common sense
• Caring attitude and concern for my wellbeing
• Good team work skills
• Good physical fitness
• Willingness to learn
• Good use of intuition and initiative
• NVQ in Health and Social Care (desirable)
• Previous care experience (desirable)
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9