Personal Support Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
24-hour shift to include a sleeping night. 6 - 10 shifts per 4 weeks, plus shifts to cover holiday & sickness.
Hourly pay rate:
£208 per shift
We are a married couple in our 40’s both with cerebral Palsy, we both use power chairs and speech synthesizers and require all aspects of personal care and helping to keep our home clean and tidy, 2 PSA's (personal support assistants) on duty per shift.
We enjoy life to the full participating in a variety of activities including swimming, horse riding, skiing, and summer holidays. We require an honest, reliable PSA with a good sense of humour, who is willing to accompany us on social activities, holidays, and appointments and who as the ability to cook.
We are looking for a personal support assistant to join our existing, friendly team, if this sounds like the right role, please see more details below.
During your shift you will have your own room with shared bathroom for use by both PSA's on duty, tv, tea & coffee making facilities.
We all eat together so your meals will be provided during shifts this also includes when we go out for lunch/ Dinner, whilst away on social visits or on holidays.
Flexible and adaptable
Self-motivated, able to work with own initiative
- Cleaning of wheelchairs and car
- Minor household maintenance, e.g. changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing
- Laundry, hanging out to dry, ironing and putting away
- Changing bed linen
- Washing and bathing/showering
- Support getting in and out of the wheelchair ‘transferring’
- Assistance with Physiotherapy exercises – training will be provided
- Assistance in the use of the employer’s laptop computer and speech device, including assistance in ‘loading’ the employer’s speech device
- Driving the employer in his own car
- At certain times of the year, to accompany the employer to the employer’s work
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. to restaurants, shops, pubs, clubs, theatre, cinema, meeting friends and family and swimming
- Attending meetings
- Accompanying to sporting activities e.g. Boccia and wheelchair football
- Assisting in making presentations to public audiences
Able to strictly observe my privacy and confidentiality
Honest and trustworthy
Cheerful, positive and self motivated
You must have a clean UK drivers’ licence, be over 25 for insurance purposes, happy to drive large accessible automatic vehicles. No experience necessary as full training will be given.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9