Personal Companion/ Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Flexible part time hours. At least 10 hours a week, plus occasional sleepovers (basic flat rate of £75)
Hourly pay rate:
£12.50 per hour increasing to £15 after probationary period.
I am a loving, happy, intuitive, kind and caring young woman. I am always learning and like exploring new opportunities. I need a compassionate and warm companion who can support me with my independent living skills, cooking and physical exercise.
I also need some assistance with day to day tasks, including speech and language skills, finance and budgeting as well as building my self-confidence.
I am looking for a sociable, humorous and kind person with a 'can do' approach to encourage my Independence by increasing my practical skills as well as supporting me to seek new knowledge. I love learning so it would be great if we could find creative ways for me to do this.
I am intelligent, curious and full of positive thinking and it's important for me to find someone with similar traits to myself. You will need to be mature and welcoming whilst working with me to get the most out of life.
This could be a wonderful opportunity for someone who is willing to be a positive impact on my wellbeing and confidence. This is more than a care role but a chance to become part of my unit of support and I look forward to hearing from you
- Support in healthy cooking (especially Mediterranean food), household tasks, finance, help with paperwork. Also promoting safety awareness whilst doing these tasks
- Some assistance with personal care will be required
- Support to maintain my physical fitness routine to increase my overall health and wellbeing. I love to walk in nature and cycling as well as meditation and yoga.
- I need support to build confidence and self-esteem with fun conversation and skill building.
- Someone mature and friendly with a bubbly personality who knows and loves the way of life in Mediterranean countries e.g. Spain
- Someone who believes in the positivity and importance of community.
- Can do attitude. I care deeply about people and kindness and want to be with someone who is positive and welcoming.
- Experience/ knowledge in communication skills, health and wellbeing, and cooking Mediterranean food is an advantage
- Loving, caring and compassionate
- Someone who will think ‘outside the box’ to support me with learning new skills in a creative way. This will include lots of talking and listening and lightness and laughter.
- British sign language knowledge would be beneficial (or a willingness to learn)
Non-smoker due to medical reasons
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9