Personal Care Assistants
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
12-hour shifts, 8am-8pm Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. 10:15am – 10.15pm Friday
Hourly pay rate:
£14.01 + bank holiday rates
I am a 62-year-old man with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) looking for a team of personal care assistants to support me with my personal care, some domestic and social tasks. You would be working alongside my wonderful wife to offer double up support and would become an integral part of our family life.
I am bubbly and have a good sense of humour. I love football, I like to watch TV, quiz shows, drama’s music quite a variety of things. I have a wife and two daughters and love spending time with them, especially watching old home videos and going out with them to family events.
This is a rewarding role with a friendly team. If you are family minded, friendly, patient with a good sense of humour, this could be the perfect role for you.
Professional training provided, but experience/training in MS is an advantage.
- Changing bed linen/ bed making
- General cleaning and tidying including cleaning of machines and equipment
- Taking out rubbish
- Paperwork – Completing Care notes/MARS sheets when required.
- Connecting Feed and letting employer/senior PA know if you notice a fault.
- Assistance with washing and bed bath/showering – towelling dry/ drying hair
- Assistance with applying cream
- General hair/skin care
- Catheter care
- Changing and disposing of pads
- Getting into and out of bed
- Transferring with use of a hoist and using through floor lift to get downstairs
- Assistance with medication i.e. dispensing, administering via feeding tube and nebulizer, letting employer /Senior PA know when medication in running low.
- Support with Suctioning, Cough assist when required
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
- Physiotherapy exercises
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities
- Honest and cheerful with a good sense of humour
- Able build a good relationship with me and my family
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9