Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Every other Saturday 10am - 3pm Friday - 2pm -6pm (collect from Chichester and drop home to Lavant at 6pm) Additional hours available by mutual agreement. Extra hours available during school holidays
Hourly pay rate:
Monday to Friday - £10.00 per hour Saturday and Sunday - £12.00 per hour
My 7 almost 8 year son is looking for a personal assistant to support him to enjoy fun and leisure activities. This support also provides me with respite from my caring role.
My son is non verbal, autistic and has a learning disability.
Any successful Personal Care Assistant will need to have patience and be willing to try and understand my son and his non verbal cues.
He is generally a really happy and smiley child who loves activities such as swimming, soft play and going to the park.
The Personal Care Assistant working with my son will need to be happy to change nappies and prompt/supervises with meals and drinking.
I require a driver with their own car so that a variety of fun and interesting actives can be accessed
Occasionally you may be required to support my son in our home environment. You would be required to carry out any domestic tasks associated with the care and wellbeing of my son for example.
- Making/preparing drinks/snacks/meals
- Tidying up after self
- Tidying up after activities within he home
- Occasional support within the home environment which could involve assisting with the bedtime routine.
- Washing and bathing/showering - towelling dry/ drying hair
- Supervision and/or assistance with showering, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
- Help getting into and out of bath/shower as required
- Changing nappies
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting child to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
- Mealtimes e.g. prompting to eat
- Looking after and caring for the child when accessing fun and leisure activities such as; swimming, visiting the park, soft play.
- Looking after and caring for the child when out on days out to places like; Fisher's farm
- The above duties will involve driving the child in the PA's car, lifting the folding pushchair /out of car, pushing the pushchair when out.
Must be comfortable with pets – two house rabbits
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9