Personal Care Assistant/Support Worker
Location: Crawley Down
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
15- 16 hours a week 8am -11am Monday to Friday term - time. 16 hours a week during school holidays actual days and hours by mutual agreement.
Hourly pay rate:
I am mum to my 4 year old daughter and I have multiple sclerosis (MS) living in Crawley Down with my family and small friendly dog.
I love shopping particularly shopping for chocolate! I am looking for a reliable and motivational PA with a good sense of humour to support me with daily living tasks essentially assisting me with taking my daughter to school hence the early start during term time.
Often I'm not sure what tasks need doing, so I welcome initiative and motivation. Tasks will include personal care, light domestic duties and accessing the community.
This is a rewarding role with all professional training provided.
- Helping with laundry- all aspects
- Changing and making the bed
- Taking out rubbish
- Help putting shopping away.
- Supervision and/or assistance with showering, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
- Dressing and undressing/ helping with buttons and fastenings for employer and employers daughter.
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
- Accompanying and assisting employer to take her daughter to school.
- Accompanying and assisting employer on shopping trips when required
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities,
- Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. to the library, the vet, to see family.
- The above duties could involve driving the employer in the employer’s car, lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s wheelchair when out. Alternatively, I would use my walking stick or frame.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9