I am looking for personal care for a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
11 hours per week. 9 o'clock start preferred, am happy to be flexible for the right person
Hourly pay rate:
£12 per hour
East Dean, Chichester PO18 0JB, UK
Personal Care Assistant/ Support Worker- New rates of pay
- Friendly reliable Personal Assistant/Support Worker wanted to assist me in my home and in the community.
- I am a lively, active female with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) who uses a manual wheelchair
- You will support me to attend activities such as shopping, swimming, dog walking, general outings and appointments.
- You must be happy to drive me either in my automatic car or in your vehicle
- Tasks also include assisting me with personal care and daily living tasks
- Dressing / undressing
- Other relevant duties as required
• Assist and supervise to ensure my safety in the home and in the community
• Assist me with changing pads
• Assist and support me with physio/exercises
• Any other reasonable tasks depending on the day as my condition can be unpredictable
• Accompany me and support me in the community e.g. shopping, social activities, appointments, swimming
• Accompany me walking my dogs or if I am not well do this for me; I currently have 3 dogs (all friendly!)
• Drive me in my automatic car and/or your vehicle
• Any other task reasonable task
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Must be comfortable with pets
• Be a driver with a full UK driving licence and be happy to drive the employer in her car or in yours; you will need personal business insurance to drive the employer in your car.
• Like dogs and be confident with them as I have 2 dogs
• Be able to learn and understand my needs
• Be honest, cheerful and well-motivated with a good sense of humour
• Be able to work flexibly
• Be willing to be police checked (enhanced DBS). Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining the position
• Be legally allowed to work in the UK
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9