Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
24 per week. 6pm -8pm Sun, Mon, Tues, Weds, Fri. 1 pm - 8 pm Thursday and Saturday
Hourly pay rate:
£10.50 per hour
I am a 31 year old lady looking for support with accessing social and leisure activities. I am dependant on my wheelchair so will need support with my daily tasks.
I am a bubbly ad sociable person and have a very good sense of humour. I also enjoy a good chat and a cup of tea so ideally you would too. I love listening to music and have a very varied taste but particularly like pop. I have a big family and enjoy spending time with my nephews and niece. I also have a French Bulldog who loves giving kisses and having short walks when the weather is nice.
I may require support and accompaniment going to medical appointments and it would be desirable for you to have experience in Epilepsy
- Changing bed linen
- Bed making
- General cleaning after activities
- Ensuring dirty laundry is put in the laundry room to be washed
- Washing and bathing/showering - towelling dry/ drying hair
- Help getting into and out of bath/shower as required
- General hair/skin care
- Getting into bed
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
- Physiotherapy exercises
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming, bowling, cinema trips.
- Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. to the library, to see family.
- Driving and accompanying to social events such as: Cinema, Bowling
- Accompanying on trips out eg to the garden centre, beach, cinema, craft fairs, local visits, out shopping for fun, attending social events
- Accompanying to social meetings eg friends, family
- The above duties will involve driving the employer in the PA's car, or in the employers Motability car, lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer's wheelchair when out.
- Whilst on duty at the employer's home assisting with craft activities and baking
- Lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer's manual wheelchair when out.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9