I am looking for personal care for a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
16 hours a week, over 4 days (more hours sometimes available)
Hourly pay rate:
£11.50 per hour
Personal Care Assistant
We are looking for someone friendly and reliable to job share in supporting a disabled young lady to live independently in her own home in Crawley. No experience necessary as full training will be provided.
Male or female applicants welcome (the hours are flexible; it has previously been convenient for parents with children in school)
- Looking after pets
- Dressing / undressing
- Medication prompting/administering
- Moving and handling
- Other relevant duties as required
Laundry, hanging out to dry, putting away
Helping with laundry, washing and drying
Loading and unloading the washing machine
Loading and unloading tumble dryer/washing line
Changing bed linen
Taking out rubbish
Shopping (small amounts/ odd bits)
Dog care feeding and walking.
Getting into bed
Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities and dog walking.
Accompany employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Must be comfortable with pets
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9