Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Monday & Tuesday fortnightly and some Fridays 8am-7pm plus cover staff for other PAs holiday and sickness-please apply if you can do any of the advertised hours.
Hourly pay rate:
£13 per hour
I am looking to put together a team of carers for my son who are reliable, energetic, fit and keen to work, to come and join me to look after my 18-year-old son at home and in the community.
My son likes to be out in the community to access a wide variety of different places and experiences. He likes being out on the seafront, he enjoys bowling, (hates shopping), eating cake and ice cream on a regular basis. Full training is provided
- Help him with physiotherapy
- Feed him, (gastro feed) and oral food at mealtimes -ensuring food is the correct temperature.
- Changing bedclothes.
- Help with physical activities during the day, using physio equipment, Wiping down equipment after use.
- Cleaning sink and other high contact areas in bathroom and bedroom.
- Changing pad / fitting Convene equipment.
- Checking skin for changes in appearance.
- Cleaning eyes, teeth,
- Administering liquid feed through a gastrostomy using a syringe and feeding pump.
- Administering medication including emergency medication for seizures.
- Playing with my son, reading books, watching TV, facetime with family, playing with his favourite toys, reading books, watching music on his ipad.
- Support my son to access swimming/hydrotherapy.
- This may involve driving our wheelchair accessible vehicle and pushing the wheelchair when out.
Must be willing to work with others and alone for short periods of time with my son.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9