Personal Assistant with Admin Support- Urgently required
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Monday – Friday 1pm -5pm Times can be flexible depending on activities involved.
Hourly pay rate:
£12 per hour
I am a young, friendly woman looking for a Female* Personal Assistant with good IT and admin skills, to join an existing team of PA's.
I have cerebral palsy and epilepsy and am physically unable to carry out most tasks but am passionate about my rights to live my life the way I choose and want full control over my independence.
Sometimes I use an app called Go Talk when I struggle to talk.
Assistance is required with all aspects of my daily life, including personal care, administration, some domestic tasks and accompanying me to social activities. I need someone with good IT skills, who can use programs such as Word and Excel to help me with my household and employer paperwork.
I have a busy social life and am looking for a friendly, patient, outgoing carer who can support me to maintain my independence, who can learn to recognise when I need help and be responsive to my needs.
This role will require you to drive me in my own wheelchair adapted vehicle. Due to this you will have to be over 25 years of age for insurance purposes
- General cleaning and tidying up when required including cleaning down surfaces and hoovering.
- Support me to Identify when PA’s training expires and to help book training courses.
- Support to help me train other PA’s when necessary
- File household and employer paperwork
- Assistance with payroll admin i.e. timesheets and form filling
- Posting paperwork
- Reading letters and emails and help with writing replies.
- Making phone calls on my behalf if required
- Respond to emergency calls is required
- Washing and showering – towelling dry, drying hair and brushing as required
- Supervision and assistance throughout showering experience.
- Help to get in and out of the shower as required using hoist. In the mornings I will have 2 PAs to assist with this. On other occasions you will be required to use the hoist by yourself.
- Assistance with applying cream if required.
- General skin and hair care
- Medication dispensing as directed by me i.e. helping to take the tablets from the foil/packets and putting the medication in my mouth, using a nebuliser.
- Assisting with getting in and out of bed using the hoist
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting me to get changed in the swimming pool/gym and be happy to get in the pool with me
- You will need to support me with chest physiotherapy exercises and other physiotherapy daily; training will be provided.
- Support using the Acapella Breathing Aid- training will be provided-I am sometimes unable to clear my lungs of phlegm which I find alarming, and this can change my tone of voice at these times. To me it comes across as if I am speaking normally so no offence intended.
- Getting me in and out of the wheelchair
- You must be happy to manually push my wheelchair when needed
- Support with other reasonable care tasks when required
- Form-filling and any other administration tasks as required
- Making drinks for the employer's guests
- Accompanying and assisting me on shopping trips when required
- Accompanying when clothes buying, including help with undressing/dressing and lifting clothes off the rails
- Accompanying me when accessing social and leisure activities, including swimming and art classes and seeing friends.
- Accompanying me on longer journeys e.g. to London by car or train to get my splints reviewed
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. the vet, the church, theatre group, work, pubs and cafes, cinema, theatre and shows
- Some of the above duties will involve driving my car, which I am wheeled into, and pushing my manual wheelchair when out.
- Assisting me and another carer to go out for a daily walk.
- Honest, cheerful with a good sense of humour
- Someone who will take time to listen to me and work out what i want.
- Good IT and admin skills
- Be happy to take regular lateral flow tests
- Must be comfortable with pets and not allergic to cats.
- Be happy to take regular lateral flow tests
- As this position involves you driving my car, I am restricted to employing people who are aged 25 years or over due to insurance rules.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours, Vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9