Personal Assistant/ Support Worker
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
18 hours per month additional hours may be available during school holidays (Actual days & shift times to be arranged by mutual agreement) Job share available
Hourly pay rate:
£14 per hour
My lovely 8 year old son is a happy, active and clever boy who enjoys a wide range of activities.
He has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and uses a manual wheelchair as he can fatigue easily. He has great communication skills and is engaging.
We are looking for a reliable PA to support my son during activities he enjoys such as swimming, cycling, bowling and building Lego sets.
Duties will include some personal care and manual wheelchair handling.
- Ensure my son and his environment are safe, clean and hygienic.
- Assist my son to get dressed for relevant activities eg: when going swimming.
- He must be supervised at all mealtimes and carry out any other reasonable care tasks
- Accompanying my son on trips out (swimming, bowling, parks, cycling) keeping his safe.
- The above duties will involve driving our son in the PA's car, lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing my son's wheelchair when out.
- On days our son is too fatigued to go out then keeping him safe and engaging in calm activities at home.
- Respectful to the employers privacy and ensuring all information is kept confidential
- Experienced in working with children in a similar capacity
- Honest and reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Full clean UK driving license (no previous prosecutions or impending) with business Insurance for your vehicle.
Non-smoker due to medical reasons
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9