I am looking for personal care for a child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
16 hours per month alternate weekends to be discussed at interview, plus 4 hours a week during school holidays
Hourly pay rate:
10.00 plus mileage
Personal Assistant/Support Worker
I am looking for one or two experienced and calm PAs to engage with my son during activities he enjoys, such as play zone, swimming, and sensory rooms in the local community.
Duties will include some personal care. Experience of using PECS is very desirable
- Dressing / undressing
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Other relevant duties as required
Ensure he and his environment are clean and hygienic e.g. hand washing and changing clothes if needed
Mealtime’s supervision, son has a limited diet so only finger food
Accompanying employer’s son on trips out e.g., swimming, play zone, sensory room, or a trip to the park, keeping him safe.
The above duties will involve driving the employer’s son in the PA’s car
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Experienced in working with children with autism particularly the use of PECS.
Full clean driver’s license, with business insurance on your car
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9