Personal Assistant/Support Worker
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Up to 5 hours a week (actual days and shift times by mutual agreement)
Hourly pay rate:
We are looking for a patient and engaging PA for our 9 year old son who is incredibly friendly, cheerful and funny, and just loves spending time with other people.
He has a diagnosis of autism but predominantly presents with an ADHD profile. He is verbal, fully mobile, has no other health issues and carries out his own self-care.
He enjoys music, anime and gaming, but mostly loves being outdoors.
We’re looking for someone to take him out on walks, to cafes, fishing, bush crafting, for days out, and occasionally to assist us on family days out as an extra pair of hands.
Hours can be for one day a week on weekends or can be saved up for use in school holidays. Finding the right person for him is our priority.
- Prompting to wash hands
- Accompany employer’s son to access the local community engaging him in activities he enjoys and keeping him safe.
- The above duties could involve driving the employer’s son in the PA’s car for which mileage will be paid.
- On occasion supporting employer’s son on family days out.
- Must be comfortable with pets (1 cat and 1 dog)
- A UK driving licence and access to own vehicle is desirable and mileage of 35p per mile will be paid
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9