Personal Assistant – Self-Employed
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
31 daytime hours a week and 4 nights of 10 hours per night. Possibly 2 PAs sharing hours but happy to discuss.
Hourly pay rate:
Day rate £13.25. Night rate is £17 per hour.
My adult daughter is kind and gentle, she enjoys being with people, mostly her family and familiar people but does warm up to new people quickly. Communication can be difficult, and my daughter communicates most easily in British Sign Language, however, this is not vital to the role as I will be available to assist with communication. She also use iPad for communication.
We are looking for more self-employed personal assistants (PAs) to join us. The current PA works at the weekends so weekday support is the most important thing for us at the moment.
You need to be registered with HMRC as a self-employed worker and declaring your income, have your own insurance for care/support work etc and meet the other
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
- Accompany and assist when accessing social and leisure activities, including but not limited to: swimming, the gym, the library, to see family, cinema, bowling, the Mosque, visiting friends, garden centre, craft fairs, local visits, out shopping for fun, attending social events.
- The above duties will involve driving in the PA’s car, lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the wheelchair when out.
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and assisting with craft activities
- Be familiar with and/or able to communicate using British Sign Language
- Female* due to personal care needs
- Must be able to do personal care, showering, helping with clothing on and off, toileting, putting moisturiser on body etc
- Must be able to swim
Non-smoker due to medical reasons
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9