Personal Assistant/ Mothers Help
Location: Haywards Heath
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Hours are Term and Non-Term based Term time hours are Monday- Friday 2 - 6pm Non Term hours are planned ahead and agreed to add up to the same amount Extra hours are available if in agreement
Hourly pay rate:
£10 per hour
Hello, I am a lady with Multiple Sclerosis.
I normally don't introduce myself in that way but feel it's good to get that out of the way.
I have twin 11-year-old boys and we have two little cats called 'Aphie and Tubs'. I am currently waiting to be paired with a Canine Partner. However this has been delayed due to Covid as dogs currently working in partnerships and needing to be replaced due to age have taken priority and so at the moment there is no news of how soon a partnership will become available.
Whilst I am not a full-time wheelchair user, I do have mobility issues with distances.
I do not require any personal care, but I do need support with job's around the house and whilst outside the house.
Currently my support is reduced due to one of my PA's having to leave to begin early maternity, so it means that I have ability to start the role immediately if possible or work around any notice period needed.
Over night Support will be discussed however it is not part of this role currently
- To support with the food deliveries arranged for the household if they arrive whilst you are with us
- Various other day to day jobs that fall in normal house routines
- To use my powerchair when out and about I have a Mercedes Sprinter The vehicle has a tail lift and is remote-control operated via two different controls. The powerchair is held in by a docking port in the vehicles floor and is docked and released via a button system. Full training would be given around the working and safety of the operating of all the kits.
- You would be covered to drive under my Motability insurance policy
- Visiting Dr's appointments, hospital appointments for myself and when needed for the children.
- To drive my vehicle, you need to be over 25 years old. I can arrange some sessions to become use to the vehicle if you felt you would like as obviously it is a larger vehicle.
- Some knowledge of MS would be useful but is not totally necessary
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours, Vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9