The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
5- 10 hours per week
Hourly pay rate:
£12 per hour
I am a 54 year old female sex/bodied agender/non-binary person (they/them/their pronouns, neither male nor female gender). I enjoy knitting and crochet. I am competent with IT & enjoy using the internet and playing online games.
I also enjoy photography.
I have Multiple Sclerosis, Supra Ventricular Tachycardia, Asperger's/ Autism (including executive dysfunction, pathological demand avoidance, meltdowns and shutdowns and resistance to (and stressed out by) change), Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (I am only awake afternoons and nights unless I force myself awake for an appointment), Type II Diabetes, chemical sensitivities that trigger migraines and IBS, food intolerances that trigger IBS, Clinical Depression, Complex PTSD (cPTSD) and chronic migraine. I am also occasionally deaf and will need you to allow me to lipread.
The majority of the work will be to help me to organise myself, remind me about everyday routine tasks that you cannot do for me and to help with my correspondence.
I require someone who can prepare (and batch cook for the fridge) nutritional meals and maintain the recipe folder.
You will also need to let me know if anything is running out (food or cleaning products) so I can add it to my next Tesco delivery order.
The role will include general housework, including cleaning, dusting and vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom.
The role will include driving & accompanying me to hospital / doctor appointments as well as other trips out.
- Assistance with laundry, hanging out to dry, putting away and being proactive enough to know
- when these need doing by checking the linen basket in bedroom one.
- Changing and laundering bed linen.
- Check with me if items can be tumbled before tumble drying anything.
- Reminding me and helping me with minor household maintenance eg changing light bulbs,
- Taking down curtains for washing.
- Any wiping down that needs doing e.g. kitchen and bathroom mirror.
- Take bin bags and recycling down to the refuse store as needed.
- Notice if water filters need changing and do so.
- Take items to the post office to post them.
- Keep things where I know where they are - i.e. where I have placed them. e.g. put things back where you find them when cleaning.
- Help me to organise filing and drawers.
- Water plants on kitchen windowsill
- Assistance with applying creams/lotions as needed.
- clean teeth.
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting me to get
- changed in the swimming pool/gym.
- Physiotherapy exercises occasionally.
- Helping me to “build” a week’s medication into pill organizers
- Accompanying, driving and assisting/supporting me on shopping trips and to appointments.
- Accompanying me when accessing social and leisure activities, such as the gym or the library.
- Accompanying me & driving me to doctors/hospital appointments.
- Occasional longer journeys.
- Accompanying me & driving me on trips out e.g. to the Knit & Natter club at the library on
- Thursday afternoons at Horsham Library.
- The above duties will involve driving me in your car for which mileage will be reimbursed and lifting my rollator / ‘walker’ in & out of your car.
Must have access to own vehicle and business car insurance
If you can show that the vaccination is not suitable for you then you must be willing to wear full PPE and take a lateral flow test before entering my home
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9