I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Monday , Wednesday and Friday 7:30-9:30
Hourly pay rate:
£10 per hour
I am a fun loving and bubbly 19 year old lad with a wicked sense of humour. I'm looking for a like minded person to join me on my adventures while I'm accessing the community and living my best life.
I enjoy going to the cinema, swimming and visiting the park.
I also need some help with personal care tasks and house work (because, who likes to do that on their own!).
This is a rewarding and valued role and training will be provided.
- Laundry – un/loading washing machine/tumble drier or hanging to dry and folding clothes.
- Cleaning of en suite shower room.
- Assistance with showering, washing and drying.
- General hair, skin and oral care
- Assistance using the toilet and changing of incontinence aids.
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting to get changed at the swimming pool.
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair using the hoist
- Physiotherapy exercises
- Accompany when accessing social and leisure activities including swimming, cinema and park.
- Pushing the manual wheelchair when out.
- Whilst on duty at home watching TV and assisting with sensory activities.
- Accompany to doctors/hospital appointments when required.
- Accompany and assist on occasional shopping trips.
- Accompany to therapies and disability groups.
- Accompany to social meetings with friends, family when needed.
- Occasional longer journeys.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9