Location: Burgess Hill
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Cover shifts will be between 12pm 6pm Monday to Sunday to cover staff sickness and holiday, additional hours may be available when needed.
Hourly pay rate:
Young married couple looking to employ a personal assistant so they can remain independent in their own home.
Tasks will involve personal care, preparing meals, general domestic tasks including help with shopping and accessing the local community.
- Laundry, hanging out to dry, ironing, putting away
- Changing bed linen
- Bed making
- Taking out rubbish – separating rubbish & recycling
- Minor household maintenance eg changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing occasionally.
- Support/ Assistance With Oral hygiene
- When out in the community we may need support transferring when using the toilet.
- Support with going swimming-must be happy to accompany in the pool
Accompanying and assisting employers on shopping trips when required
- Accompany employers when accessing social and leisure activities, such as going to a restaurant for lunch
- Accompanying employers to doctors/hospital appointments when required, transferring onto dentists chair
- Accompanying and assisting employers on occasional longer journeys eg to visit family members
- Pushing the employers wheelchair when out.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9