I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
4 hours per week (we are very flexible – hours can be worked after school or weekends. Let us know your availability!)
Hourly pay rate:
£14 per hour. Mileage rate (if applicable): 45p
Are you looking for a rewarding job?
Could you support a 14 year old enjoy fun activities like trips to the beach, swimming, bowling, using public transport and train spotting?
Due to my son’s autism and learning disabilities we are looking for someone who can form a friendship with him, so that he is able to experience life outside of the home and become more independent.
- Social support with accessing fun and leisure activities such as; swimming, going for walks, cinema and shopping.
- Using public transport to access activities with the young person.
- Supporting the child to enjoy his love of trains and public transport.
- Supervising and taking care of the young person whilst enjoying the organised activities.
- Being aware of the young person’s ‘well controlled’ epilepsy diagnosis and contacting the emergency service in the unlikely event of a seizure.
- Managing typical behaviours associated with a diagnosis of Autism (routine and clear communication required).
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9