I am looking for personal care for a man
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Tuesday-Friday 9am-5pm. Monday-Friday would be considered
Hourly pay rate:
£15 per hour
Burgess Hill, UK
I need support for all personal care tasks and need to be hoisted for all transfers.
I like to be in the company of others so bubbly and enthusiastic people are a must. I also love water, swimming and sensory play.
I need someone to be able to drive my vehicle.
- Dressing / undressing
- Moving and handling
- Other relevant duties as required
• All personal care: changing pads, applying creams, regular changes of positions
• General hair/skin care
• Physiotherapy exercises
• Positioning and postural management
• All manual handling
• Support to access and participate in day centre activities.
• Support at home to be comfortable and participate in sensory play activities.
• Support to participate in family activities at home
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
• Experience of working with young adults with complex needs including, gastrostomy feeding, Epilepsy, and medical needs.
• Experience of manual handling and manual handling equipment.
• Respectful of the employer’s, and their family’s privacy and confidentiality
The role requires close personal contact with an individual who is extremely vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission. Preference may be given to applicants who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Careful consideration will be given to applicants who can show the vaccination is not suitable for them on reasonable grounds.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9