I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
7-hour shift 9am – 4pm Monday – Friday, the shift will include 1 hour Sleeping shift from 1pm – 2pm. Job share available please apply if you can do any of the above days.
Hourly pay rate:
£12 per hour plus petrol for excursions
I am a 59 year old man who had an Hypoxic brain injury 8 years ago.
I live in an extra care facility in my own apartment.
Before my injury, I was very active and independent, multilingual and sporty. I am very sociable and enjoy being with friends and family and being active.
My wife will be your employer.
The majority of the role is to help me access life … from helping me on to my Zoom French and German conversation classes, to mounting my static bike, going to the golf driving range, to going out for clothes shopping and accessing the gym … your support can help me lead as good a life as possible.
Access to your own car is necessary.
There will be elements of personal care for example, shaving sometimes, the odd shower where I’ve been on my bike, and getting dressed again if I’ve got in a muddle.
- Occasionally shaving.
- Assisting me to get to the toilet when out of my flat ie at the cafe
- Assisting me to get in to bed for my daily hour sleep.
- Helping getting changed in gym, or on my bike etc
- Support having lunch ie collecting from restaurant, cutting up food and pouring water etc
- Defibrilator check (simple download of data) on a twice yearly basis.
- Accompanying and assisting me on shopping trips when required ie opticians, Doctors, Dentist
- Accompanying and assisting me when accessing social and leisure activities, the gym etc.
- Accompanying and assisting me to hospital appointments when required (rarely)
- Occasional longer journeys
- The above duties will involve driving me in the PA’s car for which mileage will be paid.
- Cancelling of care calls if I’m away.
- Creative – this role can easily become repetitive so thinking out of the box and having ideas on other activities would be helpful.
Non-smoker due to medical reasons
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9