I am looking for personal care for a woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Role 1: College Holidays. Preferably Tuesday and Fridays for 5-6 hours but I am flexible on days and times (to be agreed)
Hourly pay rate:
£13 per hour weekdays. £15 per hour at weekends
Burgess Hill, UK
You would sometimes be required to take her for a walk in her wheelchair. My daughter can walk in the home but is quite unsteady so uses the wheelchair when out.
My daughter would require help with personal care, eating and drinking as well as taking her lunch time medication if you are with her.
Driving Licence and own vehicle preferable but not essential
- Bathroom assistance
- Medication prompting/administering
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Moving and handling
- Other relevant duties as required
Tidy up after my daughter if needed
Washing and bathing/showering – towelling dry/ drying hair- occasionally
Changing pads/ toileting
Washing hands and face as needed
Going to Chailey to do booked activities
Going to the library
Going to trips to local farms or other places with animals
When out and about, helping my daughter in and out of the car
Assistance with medication using syringe
Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring'). My daughter can walk but is unsteady so will need support.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9