I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
11 hours a week term time (4 hours one afternoon a week and 7 hours at the weekend) plus additional 3 hours a week in school holidays (actual day and shift times by mutual agreement)
Hourly pay rate:
£12 per hour
Our teenage son has severe learning difficulties, hearing loss, epilepsy and reflux due to his Pallister-Killian syndrome
English is not our first language, and we speak Polish at home.
Our son enjoys sensory activities such as lights, hydrotherapy, music and trampoline classes. He is non verbal, engaging through eye contact.
We are looking for a vigilant PA to engage our son in activities he enjoys in the home and in the community, keeping him safe .
Duties include personal care with manual handling.
This is a rewarding role with training provided.
- Changing incontinence pads
- Changing bibs
- General hair/skin care
- Transferring with use of a hoist
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
- Mealtimes supporting feeding routine to prevent reflux.
- Physiotherapy exercises
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required.
- Accompanying employer’s son on trips out to activities he enjoys eg, sensory room.
- Occasionally acting as an extra pair of hands on family days out.
- The above duties may involve driving the employer’s son in the PA’s car if suitable for which mileage of 35p per mile will be paid. If not then PA will drive employers accessible vehicle.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9