Location: Haywards Heath
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
between 3-5 hours of support each week after school and weekends (days/times to be mutually agreed)
Hourly pay rate:
£13.50 per hour plus mileage
I am looking for an enthusiastic and nurturing Personal Assistant to support my son access fun and leisure activities.
My son is 10 years old and has Autism (profile in Aspergers).
My son has a particular passion for football and loves trying to get autographs from football players at Brighton and Hove Albion stadium.
The work will involve supporting my son to access leisure activities such as watching Brighton and Hove Albion football games and visiting farms/zoos.
Support is also required in building independence from family and life skills.
The work would involve taking and support my son to access places like; public swimming pools and also travelling by public transport.
- Baking with the child
- Tidying up after activities.
- Handling and caring for pets (dog, cat, 2 rabbits and tropical fish) with child.
- Tidying bedroom with child.
- Teaching independence and life skills.
- Playing football
- Visiting football grounds to get signatures from players and occasionally watching games.
- Travelling on trains and buses with child.
- Visiting the beach.
- Other outdoor activities.
- Caring for and supporting the child on shopping trips when required
- Caring for and supporting the child when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming lessons, football training.
- Occasional longer journeys
- Driving and accompanying to social events such as; Cinema or visiting friends.
- Accompanying to social meetings eg friends, family
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home supporting the child whilst watching TV, playing Xbox and assisting with craft activities and baking.
- Keen to work with an autistic child, who is articulate but with challenges in social communication and sensory processing.
- Have an understanding of emotional dysregulation and to support someone who is feeling dysregulated.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9