I am looking for personal care for a man
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Hours can be flexible but as a guide, 8 - 10 hours per month, usually on weekends and in the evenings as mutually agreed
Hourly pay rate:
£11 per hour
I am looking for a friendly and easy-going Personal Assistant to support me socially, in the main to accompany me to events such as Concerts and Sports matches.
I need help with accessing public transport, getting my wheelchair in and out of the car and pushing me up steep hills when I am tired.
This is a fun and rewarding role in which you will help me build my confidence in social settings to gain to further increase my independence.
- Other relevant duties as required
Accompanying and assisting employer on trips to music concerts and/or sports events when required
Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming lessons, the gym when required
Accompanying and assisting employer on trips to the cinema, museums, exhibitions in Central London when required
Occasional longer journeys
Accompanying to social meetings eg friends, family
The above duties will involve lifting the wheelchair in and out of the car, sometimes pushing when needed ( usually up hills or when employer is tired)
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9