Location: East Grinstead
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
The hours of work will be 18 hours a week. 2:00pm – 5:30pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday and four hours on a Thursday for additional support with food shopping. start and finish times are flexible for the right candidate
Hourly pay rate:
I am a 39 year old woman looking for someone to support me during the day as well as provide some company.
I have nerve damage in my right leg due to an incident with an operation. This means I have no feeling in the top of my leg and need support to do the things I used to be able to do before the operation.
Ideally, I’m looking for some social support as I spend a lot of my time alone and it would be nice to have someone friendly support me during the day when I need it.
Lastly, I have a thirteen year old daughter, so you’ll need to be able to spend time around a teenager!
- Laundry, hanging out to dry, ironing, putting away
- Unloading the washing machine
- Unloading tumble dryer/washing line
- Changing bed linen
- Taking out rubbish
- Minor household maintenance eg changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming lessons.
- Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- The above duties will involve driving the employer in the PA’s car and may involve lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s wheelchair when out. Alternatively, I would use crutches – most of the time I use crutches.
- Able to tolerate the employer vaping in the workplace
- Must be comfortable with pets as I have a dog (as well as fish and geckos)
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9