I am looking for personal care for a woman
The candidate should be
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
18 hours a week. 2:00pm – 5:30pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday and four hours on a Thursday for additional support with food shopping. Start and finish times can be flexible for the right candidate
Hourly pay rate:
East Grinstead, UK
The hours of work will be 18 hours a week. 2:00pm – 5:30pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday and four hours on a Thursday for additional support with food shopping. The role is to cover for my PA while she is on maternity leave. Ideally, I’m looking for some social support as I spend a lot of my time alone and it would be nice to have someone friendly support me during the day when I need it. Must be happy to work in a vaping environment (I’m happy to vape outside) Lastly, I have a thirteen year old daughter, so you’ll need to be able to spend time around a teenager!
- Moving and handling
- Other relevant duties as required
• Accompanying and assisting employer on shopping trips
• Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming lessons.
• Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
• The above duties will involve driving the employer in the PA’s car and may involve lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s wheelchair when out. Alternatively, I would use crutches – most of the time I use crutches.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Must be comfortable with pets
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9