I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Mon – Hove for Physio = 4 hrs inc travel Wed – going to the office in London = 6 hrs inc travel Sat – coast = 6 hrs inc travel Sun – family = 6 hrs inc travel These hours will be subject to change depending on my needs that week. There will also be some ad hoc hours to accompany me to doctor or other appointments.
Hourly pay rate:
£13 per hour
I am a 53 year old man looking for support with accessing social and leisure activities. I am straight talking and love the outdoors. I require you to be able to drive as I am a wheelchair user but happy for my car to be used (Golf TSI Automatic) and may require accompaniment to medical or other appointments.
The starting rate is £13 per hour which will increase after probationary period and all training will be given if needed.
Journeys will range from Southwater to the coast
Southwater to London
Domestic – You may be required to cover some domestic duties as and when required, this could include:
- Laundry: Washing, drying, ironing and putting away
- Changing bed linen/ bed making
- General cleaning and tidying
- Taking out rubbish
- Minor household maintenance eg changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing
- Preparing drinks, snacks and meals.
- Accompany employer when accessing social activities/ trips out e.g. to visit the coast
- Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Accompanying to my office in London when required
- Accompany to therapy appointments e.g. Physio in Hove
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying on social events or meetings e.g. (Visiting family and friends, family occasions)
- The above duties will involve driving the employer in his car and supporting the employer to transfer from the wheelchair to the car.
- Lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s manual wheelchair when out.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9