I am looking for personal care for a child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
10am – 5pm every other Saturday, one afternoon a week after school & help during school holidays (hours to be discussed at interview).
Hourly pay rate:
I am a 15 year old boy with autism and down’s syndrome. I’m also a type 1 diabetic, so if you have experience administering insulin that would be great, but if not, we can get you trained up.
I can walk for short distances when I have someone to hold on to, but for longer distances I will need to use my wheelchair.
I will also need some help with personal care from time to time and you’ll need to help me get changed if we go swimming together.
My autism means that I have no awareness of danger, so you’ll need to be extra alert when we’re spending time together, especially when I’m not in my wheelchair.
I haven’t had a PA in a few months, so I’m really looking forward to the chance to meeting someone new and being able to do all the things that I enjoy doing. I hope to hear from you soon!
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Medication prompting/administering
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Moving and handling
- Clinical tasks
- Other relevant duties as required
• Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities
• Accompanying on trips out eg to the beach, cinema & park.
• The above duties will involve driving the employer in the PA’s car, lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s wheelchair when out.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Must be comfortable with pets
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
The role requires close personal contact with an individual who is extremely vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission. Preference may be given to applicants who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Careful consideration will be given to applicants who can show the vaccination is not suitable for them on reasonable grounds.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9