I am looking for personal care for a man
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Monday , Wednesday and Friday 7:30-9:30
Hourly pay rate:
I enjoy going to the cinema, swimming and visiting the park.
I also need some help with personal care tasks and house work (because, who likes to do that on their own!).
This is a rewarding and valued role and training will be provided.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Medication prompting/administering
- Personal grooming
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Moving and handling
- Other relevant duties as required
Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting to get changed at the swimming pool.
Accompany when accessing social and leisure activities including swimming, cinema and park.
Pushing the manual wheelchair when out.
Whilst on duty at home watching TV and assisting with sensory activities.
Accompany to doctors/hospital appointments when required.
Accompany and assist on occasional shopping trips.
Accompany to therapies and disability groups.
Accompany to social meetings with friends, family when needed.
Occasional longer journeys.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9