I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
22-26 hrs per week to cover sickness for 8 weeks from 1/6/23, then 10 hours per week permanent thereafter
Hourly pay rate:
- I am looking for support for my husband aged 76 years.
- He has several medical conditions which profoundly affect his day to day living.
- He has dementia, Diabetes, COPD, Heart failure, Parkinson’s, poor mobility and sleep Apnea
- Although he is registered as housebound, he may require support and accompaniment to medical or other appointments.
- He will need all his meals and drinks made from him.
- You may be required to complete some light household tasks such as empty dishwasher, empty bin, put recycling out or hoover.
- Answer the front door and take telephone calls.
- Give him lunchtime tablet/medication.
- Someone who can speak slowly and clearly as well as speaking English to a good standard.
- Must be comfortable with pets, we have a goldendoodle dog. Able to tolerate dog sometimes barking.
- Non-smoker preferred or someone who is willing to refrain from smoking during work hours.
- No smoking allowed in the bungalow due to medical reasons.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9