I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Morning 9:30-11:00, lunch 12:00-13:00, tea 17:00-18:00, and bed 19:00-20:00.
Hourly pay rate:
I am lovely, caring and honest person, I prefer familiar people and situations/places. I like to be as independent as possible, but I do need lots of support to manage with my personal care and domestic tasks.
Most of the time I feel compacted with overwhelming anxiety, PTSD, depression, and OCD and it’s because of this I only stick to familiar things I like or know. Having a Personal Assistant who is patient is very important for me because of the severity of my pain, along with cramps and dizziness. Additionally, I struggle with loud noises or fast movement around me.
This role is to provide me with double handed support throughout the day on a short shift rota although I am happy to be flexible to the hours and shifts that a PA can work. This can be discussed at interview.
My property is located near to Croydon Mayday hospital and is well accessed by public transport.
- Laundry- all aspects
- Changing/ making bed
- Taking out rubbish
- Minor household maintenance e.g. changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing, cleaning window ledges
- Making phone calls on my behalf when I am too unwell to do this
- Washing and bathing/ showering- towel drying and drying hair
- Assistance with applying cream
- General hair/skin/teeth nail care
- Using the toilet and changing pads
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed in swimming pool.
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair/bed ('transferring')
- Physiotherapy exercises and massage
- Accompany and assist employer on shopping trips when required, support with shopping online
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming lessons, the gym.
- Helping with errands e.g. post office, collecting medications
- Accompany employer to doctors/hospital, physio or therapy appointments etc when required.
- Pushing the employer’s wheelchair when out. Alternatively, I would use my walking stick.
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV, making tea/sandwich otherwise I do not like too many noises or fast movement around me.
- Reliable with good time-keeping and good communications skills, honest, willing, and versatile.
- Willing to follow work policies.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9