I am looking for personal care for a child
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
11 hours a month after school for 2 PAs plus additional 10 hours a week for 2 PAs in school holidays (actual days and shift times by mutual agreement)
Hourly pay rate:
My son is a very energetic, cheeky and funny young man who happens to have Down’s Syndrome. - My son likes swimming, ball games and going to parks and playgrounds but not when these are busy. - He loves to draw and enjoys messy play painting etc and listening to music and dancing. - As my son can sometimes present with challenging behaviour when out and about he must have two adults with him. - The work will be either with another PA or myself accompanying us on days out. - To accompany my son on a 2:1 basis to access the community.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Other relevant duties as required
Be on hand and provide prompts when my son when uses the toilet, wiping, flushing and handwashing.
To be on hand and provide prompts when dressing (eg after swimming).
To accompany my son on a 2:1 basis to access the community.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9