I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
2 hours per day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Start time to be mutually arranged. Extra hours may be available depending on my needs that day.
Hourly pay rate:
£12.60 per hour
I am a 70 year old lady with multiple health ailments. My main issue is I have 2 spinal conditions which greatly hamper my physical abilities.
In the last year I have also had a stroke leaving me a bit weaker on my left side. I need support to attend appointments as I suffer with panic attacks and anxiety, however, on the whole I am happy and bubbly. I do need a driver as I can’t always go out due to my conditions.
I have 2 Shitzhu’s so you will need to be a dog lover. If you smoke, you would have to do this away from myself due to my medical conditions.
This is a very varied post with no two days being the same and I look forward to hearing from you.
- Laundry- all aspects
- Changing/ making bed
- Taking out rubbish
- Minor household maintenance eg changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing
- Maintenance of small garden, perhaps half an hour a week
- Assist with walking dogs – employer would help
- Washing and bathing/showering – towelling dry/drying hair
- Assistance with applying cream
- General hair/skin care
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example foot soaks
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
- To prep vegetables and sometimes cook a light meal
- Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. to the library, the vet, to see family.
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. to take photographs at the beach or in the woods or, visiting friends.
- Accompanying on trips out eg to the garden centre, beach, cinema, craft fairs, local visits, out shopping for fun, attending social events
- Accompanying to social meetings eg friends, family
- The above duties will involve driving the employer in the PA’s car, lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s wheelchair when out. Alternatively, I would use my walking stick or power chair
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and assisting with craft activities
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9