Personal and Social Support Assistant
Location: Bognor Regis
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
9 hours per week. Days and times to be agreed
Hourly pay rate:
I am a 38-year-old man with Asperger's Syndrome living in my own apartment, looking for someone friendly, caring and intelligent to be a companion and assist me with some general day to day tasks and getting out in to the local community.
Much of the support I will need will be to encourage me to become more independent and confident to carry out daily living skills and develop my social skills. This would include supporting me to use social networking sites.
I will also need support to maintain my mental and physical wellbeing. I would like someone who could accompany me to go on days out, to the gym and support me to develop new skills. I enjoy swimming and I would like to find someone with an interest in sports and keeping fit.
Cooking skills are also desirable too. This could be a really rewarding role for someone and successful candidates would accompany me to the David Lloyd Health Club as my Mentor.
- Experience of supporting adults with Asperger’s or who are on the Autistic Spectrum is preferred but this is not as essential as being calm, patient, and willing to learn. Training can be provided.
- Honest, friendly and caring
- Easy going, tolerant personality with good knowledge of local area
- Able to build up a good rapport and basis of trust with employer
- Positive and patient attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9