Live in Female Personal Care Assistants
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Monday am to Monday am. Role 1: 2 weeks out 4
Hourly pay rate:
£950 per week (13 hours daily average) With a 2 hour rest break during your shift
I am a young, friendly woman looking for live in Female* Personal Assistants to support me with all aspects of my daily life, including personal care, some domestic tasks and accompanying me to work and social activities.
I have cerebral palsy and epilepsy and am physically unable to carry out most tasks but am passionate about my rights to live my life the way I choose and want full control over my independence. Sometimes i use an app called Go Talk when i struggle to talk.
I have a busy work and social life and am looking for a friendly, patient, outgoing carer who can support me to maintain my independence, who can learn to recognise when I need help and be responsive to my needs.
This role will require you to drive me in my own wheelchair adapted vehicle. Due t this you will have to be over 25 years of age for insurance purposes. Your own room will be provided.
If you are up for a challenge and can make a stonking cup of tea, you may be the right PA for me!
2 hours per week will be on cleaning
- Changing bed linen and making beds
- Taking rubbish out.
- General household maintenance e.g. changing light bulbs, light gardening (e.g. potting plants, dead heading and watering), taking down curtains for washing
- Preparing drinks, snacks and meals – you must be able to cook and or follow recipes as I don’t like ready meals
- Assist with grooming, feeding and cleaning up after my cats (training provided)
- Washing and showering – towelling dry, drying hair and brushing as required
- Supervision and assistance throughout showering experience.
- Help to get in and out of the shower as required using hoist. In the mornings I will have 2 PAs to assist with this. On other occasions you will be required to use the hoist by yourself.
- Assistance with applying cream if required.
- Support to go to the toilet by either using a bottle or using the hoist to get me on and off the toilet
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting me to get changed in the swimming pool/gym and be happy to get in the pool with me.
- You will need to support me with chest physiotherapy exercises and other physiotherapy daily and sometimes at night when required; training will be provided.
- Getting me in and out of the wheelchair
- You must be happy to manually push my wheelchair when needed
- Accompanying when clothes buying, including help with undressing/dressing and lifting clothes off the rails
- Accompanying me when accessing social and leisure activities, including swimming and art classes and seeing friends.
- Accompanying me on longer journeys/short holidays e.g. to London by car or train to get my splints reviewed.
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. the vet, the church, theatre group, work, pubs and cafes, cinema, theatre and shows
- Some of the above duties will involve driving my car, which I am wheeled into, and pushing my manual wheelchair when out.
- Assisting me and another carer to go out for a daily walk, using my Meywalker.
- Honest, cheerful with a good sense of humour
- Someone who will take time to listen to me and work out what i want.
- Provide sickness and holiday cover for other PA’s if required.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours, Vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9