I am looking for personal care for a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
10.5 hours per week, ideally over 5/6 days. Times flexible, to be discussed at interview.
Hourly pay rate:
£12 per hour
Norbury, London, UK
Gujarati speaking Home Care Assistant
This role is for a part time Gujarati speaking home care assistant to provide daily support to my mum with some household chores, food prep and assistance with medication.
We need an assistant who can speak Gujarati so you can communicate with my mum and someone who is familiar with cooking Indian food would be ideal.
Our property is located close to Norbury train station, is well accessed by public transport.
- Medication prompting/administering
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Other relevant duties as required
Helping with laundry – un/loading washing machine/tumble dryer/washing line
Changing bed linen
Taking out rubbish
Preparing/cooking Gujarati meals, snacks and drinks.
Making phone calls on my mums’ behalf if too unwell to do this
On occasion assistance with washing/bathing/showering – towelling dry/drying hair
General hair/skin care
Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and assisting with craft activities
Communicating and talking with mum while carrying out duties
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Able to speak Gujarati
Some knowledge of Indian cooking
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9